HRI remains open and available to serve you at this time and have contingency plans in place including remote work so that our service to our clients and employees remains uninterrupted.
How Can We Help You?
Information Regarding COVID-19 and What HRI Is Doing
As a provider of an essential service to your employees Human Resources, Inc./Admin HR, Inc. is committed to delivering uninterrupted payroll as well as guidance for our valued clients. To that end, we are closely monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus known as COVID-19.
This is an evolving issue with new information coming forth daily. We are closely monitoring directives from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and other news sources, as well as the Department of Labor and the EEOC among others.
For most of the American public, the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered low. People who have been in close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and travelers to affected international locations are at elevated risk of exposure.
While research is ongoing, there is currently no vaccine available to prevent coronavirus or medication to cure the infection. Supportive care, including hospitalization and even intensive care as needed, has been used to successfully manage symptoms in many patients.
Precautions you should take:
- Stay at home if you are sick and restrict contact with other people.
- Even at home, remain at least six feet away from other people while you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- The CDC continues to recommend against the use of face masks for people who do not have symptoms.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Mild to severe respiratory illness, particularly in older people
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
If you have any of these symptoms
- Call your physician or the Florida Department of Health (866-779-6121—open 24/7) for instructions. To limit potential exposure to other patients, do not go to your doctor’s office without calling first.
- If you are instructed to go to a doctor’s office or Emergency Department, notify the front desk staff of your symptoms immediately upon arrival so they can provide you with a mask and isolate you.
- Tell your health care provider about any recent travel or contact with people who have traveled internationally.
- Your health care provider will work with the Florida Department of Health and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19.
Steps Human Resources, Inc. is taking
- HRI staff members are receiving instruction and ongoing updates about COVID-19, hand hygiene and other safety measures to decrease the likelihood of contracting or transmitting the infection.
- We are monitoring developing legislative measures aimed at assisting employers and their employees and will provide on-going guidance
- We are encouraging our clients to post reminders on hand hygiene, social distancing and how to stay safe in the workplace
- We are sanitizing all work areas multiple times throughout the day
- We are working with clients to provide employee communications, policy updates, educational materials for employees. Call Lisa Henry for a COVID-19 toolkit!
- We are encouraging all employees currently still receiving paper pay checks to get on direct deposit with a bank of their choice or we can provide an electronic PayCard so they may limit their exposures of picking up and cashing paper checks.
- We continue to encourage our staff and patients to get the flu vaccine if they have not already done so this season.
HRI remains open and available to serve you at this time and have contingency plans in place including remote work so that our service to our clients and employees remains uninterrupted. Our business hours are subject to change in response to Coronavirus as an evolving issue. We are committed to the responsibility of ensuring the health and safety of our staff as well as yours. Please follow the CDC website and do not hesitate to call our office with any questions.
We encourage you to keep yourself updated on information about coronavirus by looking at the following websites:
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Florida Department of Health: http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/
- Georgia Department of Health: https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus
- Louisiana Department of Health: http://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/
- EEOC Guidance for Employers: https://www.eeoc.gov/facts/pandemic_flu.html
- BayCare to Launch Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing Sites: https://baycare.org/newsroom/2020/march/baycare-to-launch-drive-thru-covid-19-testing-sites
- Components of H.R. 6201, COVID-19 Relief Legislation https://www.hrinc.com/covid-19-relief-legislation/